Saturday, November 26, 2011

Making art with polymer clay

The last few days I've been playing with polymer clay in an artistic way. I have always loved textures and am inspired by nature. So, I pulled out my beach shells and got some ideas.

Using the stack and shave method (?) I got some interesting wavelets in subtle greys and creams. I used pearl and translucent clay in the mix . WOW!!! very delicate look.

I would then build the shaved bits up to make interesting hills and valleys - complete with little flaws and finds. Sort of the underwater look of sand. I'm learning to be patient with this - sanding does not remove flaws.




I don't think I would use the for pendants - but maybe mini art - aceos? I'll put a background color behind each piece and see how that looks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment