Wednesday, November 23, 2011

more experiments with Polymer Clay

Wayne bought me sandpaper today - 800 1000 1500 and 2000 grit wet dry. To use - put face side up in a bowl of water - start with lower number and work to largest number grit. Rub the bead gently on the sandpaper in a circular motion. Watch out you don't create flat spots.

I could feel the difference by the time I had finished :

here are the beads I just made yesterday - all sanded and wired with some silver plated beads.


Wayne has a passion for waxing his car - I have a passion for creating things with polymer clay. Great that he understands why dinner is often late!

I also made some molds - both positive and negative images of some cord I tied into knots and pressed into raw clay. Here they are:



Not sure what I'll do with them yet - hey - I'm experimenting!

Not so successful was this pendant I did today - it scorched !
dang!!!


I'll be back at it tomorrow! Hurray for football on thanksgiving! I've got the day to play (no company coming).

Happy Thanksgiving USA!



No comments:

Post a Comment