Monday, November 7, 2011

Beginning with Polymer Clay

I'm getting set to use polymer clay for my jewelry. I can't wait for my supplies from Dick Blick to arrive!

Writing down ideas as they pop into my head - journal fashion has always been the best way for me to work. (I keep paper and pen beside the bed - you never know when a dream will inspire something wonderful)

Here's what I have so far:

project ideas for jewelry

- flat square links for bracelets
- bead frames for glass beads
- "goddess" pendants
- wire framed polymer clay beads
- make clasps, headpins, bead caps, cones and rings

I also plan on doing a color wheel as I go - (note to self: slow down - enjoy the process!)

I have been searching through my art supplies for embossing tools and cutters that could be used.

I've got the pasta maker all set to go.

Buying a toaster oven at the thrift store.

My first book arrived from Amazon yesterday: Look, Learn & Create - Polymer Clay 101 (with DVD) two more on the way!

Frank, our mailman just smiles......

I'm using Pinterest to post inspirational jewelry items I see on the web:

http://pinterest.com/jansart/polymer-clay-creations/

I will keep you posted on my progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment